Today was a historic day in aviation. It was the first day that the world of aviation got a piece of Jonny. I had my first flight today and it was exhilarating! I was very calm and collective when we were doing our pre-flight check inside and outside. The check list came to the part about starting the plane, at that point I was thinking, do I really want to do this? It was a very powerful feeling when I started the plane. It was, so far the most powerful thing I've ever started. I guess it's a man thing the roar of the engine, the thrust of the prop it was very...cool. Then it was time to put the head set on that's when I started getting giddy inside. My instructor, Marcus did all the talking on the radio that was overwhelming. Hearing all those people talk about who knows what. They all must be in a hurry because they talk very fast. I guess when there's so many airplanes coming in and out. Then we started taxing and I did all that, controlled the throttle used the pedals to steer which was weird I kept trying to turn the yoke. Before I knew it we were staring down the runway giving it full throttle, which was again very cool. Next thing I know we're jumping in the air, literally just popping in the air. You kind of sink in your seat and then it's for real. After about 20 minutes I felt comfortable in the aircraft. There still were times of uneasiness where I would look at Marcus and make sure he still wanted me to fly. The view was just amazing! Also the other planes in the air was crazy every five minutes the tower would come on and tell us look at 1 o'clock five miles out. Then we would have to find it and make a visual contact. After spotting a couple of aircraft we couldn't see one so Marcus says. You seem to have good eyes can you see it? I thought to myself yeah 3 thousand dollar eyes. After completing some maneuvers it was time to come back and land. When we got in front of the runway it was surreal. I just thought this ain't no Microsoft Flight Sim no more! This crap is for real dog! Marcus did most of the landing I don't think I moved or took a breath the whole landing. We made it back safe and sound. Just to sum it up it was really, really, really rewarding and very...cool.
Unpacking Scentsy
17 years ago



3 comments:
Jon!!!!! YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!
So cool Jonny! Glad you are happy and doing something you love.
Good job, Jon! I am so excited for you! I am so happy you are blogging too! Your blog was at the bottom of my list...well, just above mom's blog!
Post a Comment